1. What brought you to CrossFit in the first place?
JP invited me when he moved from the Appleseed location to West 4th Street. I started training with him in 2002. I took off a year after shoulder surgery.
2. What was your first impression? How has that changed?
My first impression was abject terror! The overhead lifts were scary and everybody there was so fit, I thought, “I will never be able to do this.” Nothing has changed, I just refuse to give up.
3. What was your first “bright spot” and what are you working on now?
The fact that I can still achieve a PR keeps me motivated-I had two last week! I would love to get one Pull up before I’m dead.
4. What’s your favorite CrossFit Katana memory?
The Friday night we had pizza and then did a complete WOD. Brittany ate at least 1/2 of a Besta Fasta pizza!
5. What other interests take up your time when you’re not at the gym?
I love to bake and spoil my grandchildren, oh, and shopping!